Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Manfred's Presentation

Ir para baixo 
+30
Ghost4u
tomaz
raines1978
jcramos
afonso
EMCS
nbunuel
BVG
Djlitss
CNeves
jcl
Mister W
jpamplifiers
Superfrik
TD124
ricardo onga-ku
BAILOTE
Duarte Rosa
Rui Mendes
luis lopes
MicroGruas
Luis Filipe Goios
reirato
zaratustra
fredy
António José da Silva
Fernando Mota
Aspra
Milton
mannitheear
34 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Seguinte
AutorMensagem
reirato
Membro AAP

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 11 2013, 11:23

mannitheear escreveu:
If I would win the lottery...

[*]2 or 3 additional Brutus

[*]

Don't be so viciously greedy! ...

That is blasfemy!! ...
smedley 

When are so few BRUTUS around and a lot of folks begging for one ...
Crying or Very sad 

I am appointed to get hands on the last one to be made by the MAGYCIAN!!...
cheers 

And that would be the really last one to be assembled within this series!? ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 447836 

Next editions would last some time to be borne again? ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 524928826 

king
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
http://arato.rocha@gmail.com
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 11 2013, 11:51

reirato escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
If I would win the lottery...

[*]2 or 3 additional Brutus

[*]

Don't be so viciously greedy! ...

That is blasfemy!! ...
smedley 

When are so few BRUTUS around and a lot of folks begging for one ...
Crying or Very sad 

I am appointed to get hands on the last one to be made by the MAGYCIAN!!...
cheers 

And that would be the really last one to be assembled within this series!? ...

king
[*]

No more Brutus?Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 424293  Oh my god!

I hope there will there be a new series which smokes the current model?Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 848499

But, if there is no new Brutus series - this means for sure the beginning of the end of the world.Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 809774

No kidding!
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 11 2013, 12:32

mannitheear escreveu:

I hope there will there be a new series which smokes the current model?Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 848499

But, if there is no new Brutus series - this means for sure the beginning of the end of the world.Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 809774

No kidding!
Unless shows up some Chinese sibling copy?? ...
smedley 

king
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 12 2013, 15:28

Heard yesterday some tracks from "Trio Music" from Chick Corea/miroslav Vitous/Roy Haynes

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 MI0000515972.jpg?partner=allrovi

Thanks to amazing Brutus I was drawn in seconds into the music and the sound. Very clear but transparent recorded piano with almost frightening attack. The sound stayed always clean with no signs of stress. Never before noticed the many different tone colours of Roy Haynes' drum kit, by the way.

I like very much this African inspired album from Manfred Mann:
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 MI0001954151.jpg?partner=allrovi
EMCS
Membro AAP
EMCS

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 12 2013, 19:24

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 468604 
Willkommen im Club mannitheear AAP.

Grüße.
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 12 2013, 21:15

EMCS escreveu:
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 468604 
Willkommen im Club mannitheear AAP.

Grüße.
Muito obrigado!

It's a great honour for me to be here.
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 12 2013, 21:20

mannitheear escreveu:
Heard yesterday some tracks from "Trio Music" from Chick Corea/miroslav Vitous/Roy Haynes

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 MI0000515972.jpg?partner=allrovi

Thanks to amazing Brutus I was drawn in seconds into the music and the sound. Very clear but transparent recorded piano with almost frightening attack. The sound stayed always clean with no signs of stress. Never before noticed the many different tone colours of Roy Haynes' drum kit, by the way.

I like very much this African inspired album from Manfred Mann:
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 MI0001954151.jpg?partner=allrovi
Hi Manfred.

The albums you presented to us, they look very tasty indite. I will have a closer look and try to catch them for my collection. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 491368 

The

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Commissioning the newly arrived B R U T U S!!    Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 13:46

Yes!...
That's it!! ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 936335

Since 2 o'clock this very morning started to install and speed up the BRUTUS in my domestic environment! ...
Due to the particular set up of my stuff and the associated lack of space it has lasted until around 4!? ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 317942

Well, I have been around until 8, got some light meal and gone to bed to dream about the feelings and emotions enjoyed not long ago drunken 

Not that I has been surprised, just because I had already listened to it for several other occasions but the magics always come out of these little black wonders!! ....

flower

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 4019496139

king
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 15:20

Hello reirato,

nice to hear that you have your Brutus now!

Brutus manages to extract every fine musical detail from the record, even ones which are mediocre or a little worn out without sounding analytical or sterile at all. You can listen for hours without listening fatigue.
I even have become lazy about record cleaning, because any occurring noise seems reduced while the musical substance has been drastically enhanced.  Yes, you are right, that's magic indeed!

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 22692 
Rui Mendes
Membro AAP
Rui Mendes

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 15:24

mannitheear escreveu:
Hello reirato,

nice to hear that you have your Brutus now!

Brutus manages to extract every fine musical detail from the record, even ones which are mediocre or a little worn out without sounding analytical or sterile at all. You can listen for hours without listening fatigue.
I even have become lazy about record cleaning, because any occurring noise seems reduced while the musical substance has been drastically enhanced.  Yes, you are right, that's magic indeed!

On the other hand, we are always looking for the best presses around Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 424293 
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 15:48

Oh, I don't want to mislead anyone:

Of course does a good pressing and a clean record sound better with Brutus!
It is always a good idea trying to get the best pressings possible and cleaning the records!

But, sometimes we only have a not-so-good record and can enjoy the music anyway.

I have a much used copy of this wonderful recording:

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 MTVuikWcroi3ddcJ0fdwFnw

Before Brutus, I could listen to it and admire Clara Haskils incredible sense for Mozart.
With Brutus I can enjoy it!
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 19:14

Could you please stop praising the Brutus. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 524928826  If not, the prise could get sky high. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 675116 

Especially if someone compares the unsuspecting looking Brutus to a shiny and really expensive phono pre. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 447836 

Joseph Le Conte
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 20:43

António José da Silva escreveu:
Could you please stop praising the Brutus. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 524928826  If not, the prise could get sky high. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 675116 

Especially if someone compares the unsuspecting looking Brutus to a shiny and really expensive phono pre. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 447836 

Like what?? ...

Like this!? ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 01
Preamplificatore Phono, TEA-9501PCS
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 02

There is no luxurious phono equalizer amplifier any more! It is the amplifier that designed and planned with the thought that says that it is able to reproduce the sound of a LP-record itself rightly, by arranging to the transformer of the same quality to the exit (main amplifier OPT) from the entrance (pre amplifier MC transformer).

It is called the most excellent phono equalizer amplifier with which the result of the reason of the way of thinking was obtained and which does not have a parallel in others, and is not an overstatement.

That it is applied also to a speaker system made clear later the conditions arranged by this homogeneous thing.

(It is the required for reproduction of a natural chord.)

In order to pull out the greatest performance, please use it combining
TFA-9501.

Technical Characteristics

Vacuum Tube Monaural Phono amplifier

Inputs : Phono: Only MC Low & High,
RIAA Accuracy : +/- 1.5dB (20Hz ... 15KHz)
Max Input Level : Phono: Low 25mVrms,High 85mVrms
Power Supply : From TFA-9501
Output Level : EQ Out 1.6Vrms(std); 13Vrms(max)  
Dimension : W75.0 x H22.5 x D24.0cm
Weight : 63Kg x 2

Said to cost around 200K GBP confused confused confused 

king
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 21:08

I don´t care how good it looks, how heavy it is and how much it costs....I would like to compare them...

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 21:26

Hey, the solution could be so simple: send a Viriatus to me (for a free loan Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 936335 ) and I will (assumedly) praise that. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963 
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 21:29

mannitheear escreveu:

Hey, the solution could be so simple: send a Viriatus to me (for a free loan Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 936335 ) and I will (assumedly) praise that. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963 

First, and to be sure you not lying, you need to send the Brutus back. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 271350 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 21:34

mannitheear escreveu:

First, and to be sure you not lying, you need to send the Brutus back. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 271350   

No way! Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 57537
Milton
Membro AAP
Milton

Localização : Scalabicastro, naquele Jardim á beira, mal plantado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySáb Set 14 2013, 21:52

mannitheear escreveu:
reirato escreveu:
[

king
[*]

No more Brutus?Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 424293  Oh my god!

No kidding!
[*]
No worries...he is working in the new "Mil Tons" series...Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 936335 
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Analog and Digital   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyTer Set 17 2013, 09:31

1. A few years ago there was an event held by german AAA Forum where one could attend a comparison demo of an analog master tape vs. same recording on LP. The demo was done by sound engineer and Tacet label owner Andreas Spreer who made the recording himself. Of course (there was not Brutus then hehehe) the tape was much better than the LP, far more details and easily more natural.

2. So today many claim that theiy can record a LP reproducion digitally with modern 96/24 AD-concerters and preserve the whole analogue feeling or at least the most of it.

Conclusio: Now I ask the heretic question: why can we not simply get 96/24 downloads with mastertape quality? Could that not be audiophile heaven?

So I have bought some 96/24 tracks from different sources, old an newer recordings but found nowhere something like "masterband quality".

What the hell goes wrong here???  Does the music industry fool us???Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 57537
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyTer Set 17 2013, 10:08

mannitheear escreveu:
1. A few years ago there was an event held by german AAA Forum where one could attend a comparison demo of an analog master tape vs. same recording on LP. The demo was done by sound engineer and Tacet label owner Andreas Spreer who made the recording  himself. Of course (there was not Brutus then hehehe) the tape was much better than the LP, far more details and easily more natural.

2. So today many claim that theiy can record a LP reproducion digitally with modern 96/24 AD-concerters and preserve the whole analogue feeling or at least the most of it.

Conclusio: Now I ask the heretic question: why can we not simply get 96/24 downloads with mastertape quality? Could that not be audiophile heaven?

So I have bought some 96/24 tracks from different sources, old an newer recordings but found nowhere something like "masterband quality".

What the hell goes wrong here???  Does the music industry fool us???Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 57537
We do not need 24bit to achieve mastertape quality, 16bit is enough.

But first let's try to define mastertape and quality.

As far as I know, mastertape is not the recorded sound that was captured by the microphones and registered on a certain support but the final, mixed and edited product that is ready to be mastered for a consumer support (LP, CD, cassette, etc.).
It's quality or fidelity depends on the quality of the microphones, the micing techniques, the mic pre-amplifiers, the consoles, the recording equipment used, the brains behind the process and even on the power/electricity.

I would define quality or fidelity as the purest signal and from this perspective a 24bit recording is (potentially) more accurate or free of artifacts and distortion than an analogue.
There's an easy way to test this: convert an analogue signal (from a reel-to-reel tape) or an LP reproduction sistem to digital and then back to analogue.

For further information I recommend a nice reading on the subject:

Analogue Warmth - The Sound Of Tubes, Tape & Transformers

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb10/articles/analoguewarmth.htm

Cheers,
Ricardo
afonso
Membro AAP

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyTer Set 17 2013, 10:16

nothing went wrong. it´s just our ears that can´t be fooled so easily like our minds...Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963 
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyTer Set 17 2013, 10:34

ricardo onga-ku escreveu:

I would define quality or fidelity as the purest signal and from this perspective a 24bit recording is (potentially) more accurate or free of artifacts and distortion than an analogue.
Ricardo, I totally agree with this definition. At the mentioned demo event it was easy audible thet the reel tape signal was much more pure and accurate than the LP. No one would have preferred the worse signal.

But on the commercial available 96/24 tracks I heard I cannot detect this type of electrifying pure signal.

Brutus on the other hand does an excellent job in extracting the fine details delivered by the cartridge and preserving so a lot of the music which is on the mastertape.
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 09:35

microseiki escreveu:
Sorry guys, but i'm gettin' deaf!!!

To me, whats is giving me more and more pleasure are the PHY drivers with their limited frequency limitations.

But, go ahead with the super tweeters dear friend! If its tour cup of tea, why not?
While I can easily understand the fascination of the PHY I could never live with it. To be fair and to put that in a context I have to write a little more.

Some years ago I have been fascinated by the idea of fullrange drivers and built a Jericho Horn with a Fostex FE208 Sigma driver. The speaker promised to have only minor limitations in audio bandwith and to be time-perfect shown by a nearly ideal step response.
While the Jericho sounded pretty good, I never got total musical satisfaction with it and finally sold the chassis and gave the cabinets away.

At Highend Show in Frankfurt I attended a Auditorium 23 demo and heard some PHY based speakers which caught my attention. Later I had the occasion to audition the Auditorium23/Shindo speaker Rondo in a Platine Verdier - Shindo based setup with some of my own records. While I was struck by the impression to be drawn immediately into the music by this setup and to get sensational involved to a unusual high degree, it was clear after the session that I could never live with such a speaker alone due to the fact that the complete absence of upper treble caused a unpleasant pressure on the ears in the long run.

I planned then to build something with Saba greencones but because lack of time this project never took form.

Then, years later I searched again for new speakers, saw a test of Nubert Nuvero 14, did some reading about Geithain and came finally via these detours to german open-end-music forum. There I met Werner aka Kellerkind and learned a lot about Tannoy and finally decided to give it a try. While there was no more Tannoy dealer around, coincidally a pair of 3 year old Turnberry were offered, location Freiburg! So I didn't hesitate to audition them and they sounded as Werner promised: nice, but colored and a little dull and lifeless. It was clear why the owner wanted to sell them. But I bought them anyway and after optimising the whole setup with a Tube Amp, Biwire cables etc. I finally got the sound I have dreamed of for countless years. The Tannoys sound (in my ears) as involving and sensational rich like PHY without sacrificing hifi qualities like low coloration, wide transmission range, 3D imaging and so on. They can play music very quietly or really loud and don't have musical genre limitations. They like jazz trios, solo piano, vocal music and choir as well as orchestra, chamber music, brass and rock and are not afraid of heavy metal, electronic music and even hip hop.
One major statement of Werner was, that there is no thing like a bad recording, which of course sounds a little bit provocative. But what it really means was true: a audio system who limits the enjoyment to special recordings and sounds unpleasant with normal, average recordings is finally pretty useless and fustrating!

So, Tannoy was one major step out of audio hell for me - and others confirmed that too. Of course there are many other ways and everyone has to make his own experience.

Best wishes
Manfred

Última edição por mannitheear em Qua Set 18 2013, 10:41, editado 1 vez(es)
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 10:32

mannitheear escreveu:

Ricardo, I totally agree with this definition. At the mentioned demo event it was easy audible thet the reel tape signal was much more pure and accurate than the LP. No one would have preferred the worse signal.

But on the commercial available 96/24 tracks I heard I cannot detect this type of electrifying pure signal.

Brutus on the other hand does an excellent job in extracting the fine details delivered by the cartridge and preserving so a lot of the music which is on the mastertape.
Hi Manfred,

I guess one could point a finger at the engineers, the tonmeisters (what a pretensious name) and the producers who can't keep their fingers away rom the consoles.
And at the gents that master the final output files...

Cheers,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 10:38

Hello Ricardo,

btw. which digital equipment do you use?

I play 98% via Macbook and Audirvana Software over my Northstar Essensio DAC.

Best wishes,
Manfred

PS

Before Brutus I heard 80% digital and 20% analog, since Brutus the ratio is reverse.
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 10:52

I use a modified Pioneer PD-91, an old 1987 Elite series model:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PD-91.html

I am convinced that the benefits of 24/96 files are mostly due to different/better mastering and since I listen mostly to "classical" (which is generally mastered with care) I keep buying and listening to CDs.
Besides, I can buy a used CD at Amazon.UK marketplace for around 3-6€ delivered...what more could I whish for?

Cheers,
Ricardo
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 11:42

mannitheear escreveu:
microseiki escreveu:
Sorry guys, but i'm gettin' deaf!!!

To me, whats is giving me more and more pleasure are the PHY drivers with their limited frequency limitations.

But, go ahead with the super tweeters dear friend! If its tour cup of tea, why not?
While I can easily understand the fascination of the PHY I could never live with it. To be fair and to put that in a context I have to write a little more.
At Highend Show in Frankfurt I attended a Auditorium 23 demo and heard some PHY based speakers which caught my attention. Later I had the occasion to audition the Auditorium23/Shindo speaker Rondo in a Platine Verdier - Shindo based setup with some of my own records. While I was struck by the impression to be drawn immediately into the music by this setup and to get sensational involved to a unusual high degree, it was clear after the session that I could never live with such a speaker alone due to the fact that the complete absence of upper treble caused a unpleasant pressure on the ears in the long run.
So, Tannoy was one major step out of audio hell for me - and others confirmed that too. Of course there are many other ways and everyone has to make his own experience.

Best wishes
Manfred
Hi Manfred,

you speak about "audio hell", but i prefer to see the audio as an impossible Relationship between the audiophile and a single system... almost an impossible and dramatic, no-way relationship...

Fortunately the french ave a solution for that case, in the expression "To be happy, a man must have a wife, and a mistress!!!..."

It seems that i've become a little bit french, cos i have a normal system to live daily as a wife, but another with "full-range" speakers that actas as my audio mistress. The advantage is clear, because i can live, another sensations, diferents and complementary, and that way change my audio hell into an audio heaven...

Something, you should think about Wink 

Cheers
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 11:44

... ...  mostly to "classical" (which is generally mastered with care) ... ...
Ricardo
Too much care, I'm affraid affraid 

Look at Glenn Gould's editing of piano concerts

scratch 

And way much more examples to follow! ...

His!? ...  And others(? ...) recordings of classical pieces are mixed mingled arrangements artisticly mixed up in studio! ...

This seems to me like outrageous proceedings!!
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 2613325421 

Deserving a strong Censored 

king
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 12:18

reirato escreveu:

scratch 

His!? ...  And others(? ...) recordings of classical pieces are mixed mingled arrangements artisticly mixed up in studio! ...

king
The videos are very interesting, thanks a lot for the links. Although I knew yet that Glenn Gould recordings have been produced in this way, watching the process is fascinating.
Nevertheless I like Glenn Gould recordings very much, even concerning the sound. The recording perspective is generally very close, almost intimate, much more like sitting directly next to the piano than attending a concert. I love that perspective and even in live concerts I try to sit as close to the musicians as possible.
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 14:54

TD124 escreveu:

Fortunately the french ave a solution for that case, in the expression "To be happy, a man must have a wife, and a mistress!!!..."

It seems that i've become a little bit french, cos i have a normal system to live daily as a wife, but another with "full-range" speakers that actas as my audio mistress. The advantage is clear, because i can live, another sensations, diferents and complementary, and that way change my audio hell into an audio heaven...

Cheers

You lucky man... Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 491368 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 15:33

TD124 escreveu:

Cheers
Good point!

But me, I'm monogamic by nature Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 16:12

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

Cheers
Good point!

In that case!... prepare yourself to HELL !!!... lol! 

Cheers
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 16:13

mannitheear escreveu:

I'm also very ugly

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963

Joseph Le Conte
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 16:33

I think that it is about time to congratulate Manfred for his presentation topic. For a non speaking Portuguese member, a four pages long topic is amazing.

Thanks for all your dedication in translating you findings and feelings in to English. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay at AAP. Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 754215 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 19:52

Thank you all for your heartily acceptance and to Antonio for his unobtrusive and skillful moderation part!
I also appreciate very much that you make the effort in writing english.

Since I found here many interesting thoughts and suggestions, not to mention a distinctive sense for humor, I have to say that I'm really very glad that I found this particular inspiring and pleasant place.

Cheers
Manfred

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 874774 Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 874774
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 18 2013, 22:26

Mann,

has for the english writing, i belive that i´m talking for all or most of us, language is just a barrier perfectly over taken when we have comum interests.

I use to it (sometimes noticeble even in portuguese posts) that i don´t no which languange  i´m in!

This exchange of experiences to me are extremly important. Each country has is own culture and is reflected in a way we listen an interpret music - the act of listen music .

every day i spend my time with europeans (english, irish, french germans, chinese, japanese etc) everyone his diferent but at the same time the same.

Hope u can keep on coming here.

I have a lot to learn.

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 19 2013, 07:52

microseiki escreveu:
Mann,

has for the english writing, i belive that i´m talking for all or most of us, language is just a barrier perfectly over taken when we have comum interests.

I  use to it (sometimes noticeble even in portuguese posts) that i don´t no which languange  i´m in!

This exchange of experiences to me are extremly important. Each country has is own culture and is reflected in a way we listen an interpret music - the act of listen music .

every day i spend my time with europeans (english, irish, french germans, chinese, japanese etc) everyone his diferent but at the same time the same.

Hope u can keep on coming here.

I have a lot to learn.

Thank you for this thoughtful and honest post, mikroseiki. I really love it.

The next days I plan to write something about my (amteurish) thoughts about different musical cultures, there seem to be strong distinctions between Germany and other countries.
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 19 2013, 07:57

mannitheear escreveu:

The next days I plan to write something about my (amteurish) thoughts about different musical cultures, there seem to be strong distinctions between Germany and other countries.

We will be waiting...bounce bounce bounce 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 19 2013, 08:03

BTW, has anyone this recording on LP? Bill Evans - You must believe in Spring

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv9l6q-shu1vC4-nVzXxGxe-zrHmFvIT6wNShJlLOPmpLzTbRa
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 19 2013, 08:05

mannitheear escreveu:
BTW, has anyone this recording on LP? Bill Evans - You must believe in Spring

Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv9l6q-shu1vC4-nVzXxGxe-zrHmFvIT6wNShJlLOPmpLzTbRa

I think I have it recorded on a Sony Metal Master, but not absolutely sure. I check next time.

Joseph Le Conte
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQui Set 19 2013, 10:33

reirato escreveu:
... ...  mostly to "classical" (which is generally mastered with care) ... ...
Ricardo

scratch 

king
A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Romance-Three-Legs-Obsessive-Perfect/dp/1596915250/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379583056&sr=8-1&keywords=A+Romance+on+Three+Legs%3A+Glenn+Gould%27s+Obsessive+Quest+for+the+Perfect+Piano

Não li mas deve ser interessante.

R
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyDom Set 22 2013, 14:35

Mann, another post for u 2 explore!
u won´t b disapointed

From vintage to Hi-tech .............

from skinny systems to voluptuous systems with big sound !

u Choose!!!!

https://www.audioanalogicodeportugal.net/t2759-as-minhas-audiofilas
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySeg Set 23 2013, 07:52

microseiki escreveu:
u won´t b disapointed

u Choose!!!!

Oh my god! 20 pages! You seem to be true audio lovers my dear friends.Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 754215 

Cheers
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptySeg Set 23 2013, 09:13

microseiki escreveu:
u won´t b disapointed

u Choose!!!!

"big sound !" ???

You have one prodigious imagination... Cool 

R
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 12:37

Peço desculpa à administração deste espaço, andava à procura do forum, Audio Analógico de Portuga,l e na minha busca, vim aqui parar
Sory Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 936335
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 12:45

jpamplifiers escreveu:
Peço desculpa à administração deste espaço, andava à procura do forum, Audio Analógico de Portuga,l e na minha busca, vim aqui parar

Em vez de andares na brincadeira, vai mas é soldar que tens malta á espera. lol! 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 12:50

jpamplifiers escreveu:
Em vez de andares na brincadeira, vai mas é soldar que tens malta á espera. lol! 
My guess is, that Joaquim searches for "big sound".Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 265963
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 12:53

jpamplifiers escreveu:
Quem? a onde? quantos são?
estou sem tempo para essas brincadeiras, roubei uns minutos ao patrão, (enquanto ele foi ao café) para vir aqui, ao contrário de outros que não fazem mais nada
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 13:02

mannitheear escreveu:
Hello Ricardo,

btw. which digital equipment do you use?

I play 98% via Macbook and Audirvana Software over my Northstar Essensio DAC.

Best wishes,
Manfred

PS

Before Brutus I heard 80% digital and 20% analog, since Brutus the ratio is reverse.
This Audirvana of yours looks like an intelligently conceived piece of software: http://audirvana.com/?cat=4

I don't like the way it looks, though...ultra tacky.

Cheers,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyQua Set 25 2013, 15:22

This Audirvana of yours looks like an intelligently conceived piece of software: http://audirvana.com/?cat=4

I don't like the way it looks, though...ultra tacky.

Cheers,
Ricardo
Audirvana itself has a simple playlist interface. But there is a iTunes mode where iTunes is the user interface and the Files are played via Audirvana. Even non-iTunes Audio formats like FLAC can be played with the iTunes interface. Audirvana does create small files which look like audio files but only act as a link to the real file.
All other players I tried are sonical worse, uglier, far more expensive, buggy - or even all of that.

cheers
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: To tour attention and ... all Tannoy lovers!   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 EmptyTer Out 01 2013, 12:40

I have discovered a pair of Canterbury, used FS, about new not yet fully started up, in Spain (Oviedo, nice place to go for them and some fun also ...), for some 9000 €URO
Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 Fgmh

Are they deserving that price tag, in your opinion? ... Question 

Do they need a very big room to breathe adequately? ...

king
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 4 Empty

Manfred's Presentation
Ir para o topo 
Página 4 de 8Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Seguinte