Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Computer-Fi... reflexões

Ir para baixo 
+17
brunomjs
jasus
BAILOTE
ricardo onga-ku
mannitheear
tfonseca
elso
lpg
jpinto
luis lopes
pistollero
TD124
jorge.henriques
Pierre
Hallscool
Milton
António José da Silva
21 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4  Seguinte
AutorMensagem
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP

Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 21 2016, 17:28

tfonseca escreveu:
No meu caso não consigo notar diferenças na fonte... No meu sistema, se existem, são muito subtis. Já fiz testes cegos e nada...

Será pelo design do DAC (equibit) ser exigente na rejeição de jitter? Ou então sou surdo?!

Esse "fonte" refere-se exactamente a quê?
À resolução dos ficheiros?
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
tfonseca
Membro AAP
tfonseca

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 21 2016, 18:53

ricardo onga-ku escreveu:
tfonseca escreveu:
No meu caso não consigo notar diferenças na fonte... No meu sistema, se existem, são muito subtis. Já fiz testes cegos e nada...

Será pelo design do DAC (equibit) ser exigente na rejeição de jitter? Ou então sou surdo?!

Mac via saída óptica ou com um conversor USB, streamer, leitor de DVD, etc..
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 21 2016, 19:35

Hi Manfred,

With this topic and my file playback system I am aiming at the best possible performance; I have tried "simply using the computer" and the difference is significant from an optimised, dedicated layout.
So to answer your question while all advanced audio servers, streamers and so on are essentially computers, why not use simply a computer? I will repeat what I wrote in the Computador vs. Streamer post:

https://www.audioanalogicodeportugal.net/t10509-computer-fi-reflexoes#260458

The USB connection is not the optimal option in any circumstances, but the way it's been implemented in the Raspberry Pi is particularly bad and shouldn't be used.
If one (really) wishes to use a USB DAC then there are better NUCs such as the Cubox.

Besides, if one is using the computer for playing and processing (upsampling/filtering) files then this will require quite a bit of computational effort from the processor and the resulting noise will affect playback.
Upsampling may or may not be beneficial because most DACs will perform oversampling (usually 8x for 44.1, 4x for 88.2, 2x for 176.4) anyway and each step requires filtering and dithering.
My former TEAC used it's internal ASRC to upsample everything to 196kHz before oversampling and I found that the HQ Player would perform this upsampling which much better results.
But the Raspberry Pi isn't powerful enough to upsample anyway so one might as well just feed the DAC with whatever format is native to the file.

As Paulo mentioned, both in vinyl and in file playback the devil is in the details.
Avoid USB (or at least use filters such as Intona/Regen or galvanised input), avoid switching PSUs, avoid unnecessary active processes and features (video card, sound card, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) on the computer connected to the DAC.
Use Ethernet and I2S (then S/PDIF if you must).
You will then have reduced background noise and jitter and the resulting sound will be far more "transparent" and provide a more pleasurable and realistic experience.

R

Hi Ricardo,

the way you describe is indeed very good at reasonable cost (I have a similar setup) but I simply don't like the complexity...

Cheers
Manfred

ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 21 2016, 19:44

tfonseca escreveu:
tfonseca escreveu:

Já percebi; usando várias fontes de leitura digital ou transportes para um mesmo DAC.
Qual é o DAC?
A amplificação e as colunas também têm alguma importância na discriminação de diferenças...
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 21 2016, 19:47

mannitheear escreveu:

Hi Manfred,

With this topic and my file playback system I am aiming at the best possible performance; I have tried "simply using the computer" and the difference is significant from an optimised, dedicated layout.
So to answer your question while all advanced audio servers, streamers and so on are essentially computers, why not use simply a computer? I will repeat what I wrote in the Computador vs. Streamer post:

https://www.audioanalogicodeportugal.net/t10509-computer-fi-reflexoes#260458

The USB connection is not the optimal option in any circumstances, but the way it's been implemented in the Raspberry Pi is particularly bad and shouldn't be used.
If one (really) wishes to use a USB DAC then there are better NUCs such as the Cubox.

Besides, if one is using the computer for playing and processing (upsampling/filtering) files then this will require quite a bit of computational effort from the processor and the resulting noise will affect playback.
Upsampling may or may not be beneficial because most DACs will perform oversampling (usually 8x for 44.1, 4x for 88.2, 2x for 176.4) anyway and each step requires filtering and dithering.
My former TEAC used it's internal ASRC to upsample everything to 196kHz before oversampling and I found that the HQ Player would perform this upsampling which much better results.
But the Raspberry Pi isn't powerful enough to upsample anyway so one might as well just feed the DAC with whatever format is native to the file.

As Paulo mentioned, both in vinyl and in file playback the devil is in the details.
Avoid USB (or at least use filters such as Intona/Regen or galvanised input), avoid switching PSUs, avoid unnecessary active processes and features (video card, sound card, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) on the computer connected to the DAC.
Use Ethernet and I2S (then S/PDIF if you must).
You will then have reduced background noise and jitter and the resulting sound will be far more "transparent" and provide a more pleasurable and realistic experience.

R

Hi Ricardo,

the way you describe is indeed very good at reasonable cost (I have a similar setup) but I simply don't like the complexity...

Cheers
Manfred

I can relate to that.
Sometimes I too miss the simplicity of picking up a CD from the shelf and placing it on the CD player's drawer.
I do keep the NAS and the R-Pi on full-time but I need to plug the laptop to the Ethernet cable, turn it on, initialise HQ Player, access the NAS...

R
Best,
Ricardo
jpinto
Membro AAP
jpinto

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 22 2016, 18:57

Viva lpg,

Na verdade a fonte da iFi veio melhor ligeiramente o som, não sei qual o efeito com o hifiberry DAC+ PRO mas penso que deva ser melhor (no caso da hifiberry Digi+ não existe secção analógica).

A opção pela fonte da iFi foi por comodidade e porque não queria perder muito tempo a construir caixas e afins e ainda por cima não tinha um preço muito caro (as fontes lineares que andei a ver eram todas mais caras).

Pelo que entretanto encontrei só o facto de se alimentar o conjunto Rasp + DAC+ a partir do DAC+ o som fica  muito superior:

https://youtu.be/ps-X4ipA_fY?list=PLMbsmejHnP8Ff6wDfMNB-nkSxpk1ZFkf1

A minha configuração é bastante simples:

NAS (disco ligado ao router ASUS C/ DLNA activado) -> WI-FI ->
Raspberry PI + Hifiberry Digi+ -> Nuforce DVP-16

O software no Raspberry PI é o Moode 2.6 (neste momento)

Controlo com o LINN Kazoo (MAC e iPhone) ou com o LUMIN (iPhone), estes foram os que até ao momento gostei mais.

Quando quero ouvir rádio ou modificar algum parâmetro é mesmo com o browser directo ao Moode.local.
Quem pretende usar um disco ligado directo no Raspberry ou por SMB/CIFS não necessita de qualquer aplicação.

Com o Raspberry PI 3 tive de retirar as laterais da caixa, ficou só com a parte de baixo e a de cima, o bicho aquece mais do que a versão 1B, então quando experimentei o upsample para 24bits 192Khz ...

No entanto o CPU não foi aos 100% como na versão 1B ficou com picos de 11%.

tfonseca
Membro AAP
tfonseca

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 22 2016, 20:01

tfonseca escreveu:
tfonseca escreveu:

Já percebi; usando várias fontes de leitura digital ou transportes para um mesmo DAC.
Qual é o DAC?
A amplificação e as colunas também têm alguma importância na discriminação de diferenças...

O DAC é um lyngdorf tdai 2200, é um DAC de potência - a tensão da fonte controla o volume, o que permite ter muita resolução a baixos volumes; sai é caro, pois o transformador tem que ser de alta qualidade. Na prática é amplificador completamente digital e, só mesmo à saída é que o sinal vira analógico para viajar até às colunas (B&W 803N).
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 22 2016, 20:35

Acho que nunca ouvi o TDA2200, só o Millenium e não sei se lhe falta a "transparência" necessária.
As colunas não devem ser parte do problema...

R
tfonseca
Membro AAP
tfonseca

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 22 2016, 22:49

Acho que nunca ouvi o TDA2200, só o Millenium e não sei se lhe falta a "transparência" necessária.
As colunas não devem ser parte do problema...

R

Eu não disse que era um problema. Poupa-me uma valentes massas Laughing

Não acredito que lhe falte transparência. Falta transparência ao Millenium?! O underground myth é que o TDAI é quase inume à fonte. Era comum terem PS3 ligadas a ele em sistemas de dezenas de milhar de euros.
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQui Jun 23 2016, 07:49

The USB connection is not the optimal option in any circumstances,

Good morning to all,

this is a point I don't really understand at all. All "better" modern USB DAC work in asynchronous mode, which means simplified that the DAC buffers the data from the (computer) USB source in a cache and reads it from the cache, new synchronized with a clock in the DAC. Many DAC offer additionally galvanic isolation of the USB connector and own power supply.
At this point, the connection should get irrelevant, as well as the playback software in the computer (assuming they all work bit-perfect).
But, my experience showes that this isn't the case! Perhaps Børge could clarify that, because he implemented a very unique USB receiver solution in the Henry DAC.
But even the Henry DAC responds on the type of USB connection and the playpack software.

And, (theoretical) technical superiority leads by no means always to better sound!

My first USB DAC had it all: galvanic isolation of USB, own power supply, seperated for digital and analogue section and a elaborate analogue output section - while the Henry DAC lacks all these features but sounds much better for a fraction of the cost!

cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQui Jun 23 2016, 07:51

mannitheear escreveu:

The USB connection is not the optimal option in any circumstances,

Good morning to all,

this is a point I don't really understand at all. All "better" modern USB DAC work in asynchronous mode, which means simplified that the DAC buffers the data from the (computer) USB source in a cache and reads it from the cache, new synchronized with a clock in the DAC. Many DAC offer additionally galvanic isolation of the USB connector and own power supply.
At this point, the connection should get irrelevant, as well as the playback software in the computer (assuming they all work bit-perfect).
But, my experience is that this isn't the case! Perhaps Børge could clarify that, because he implemented a very unique USB receiver solution in the Henry DAC.
But even the Henry DAC responds on the type of USB connection and the playpack software.

And, (theoretical) technical superiority leads by no means always to better sound!

My first USB DAC had it all: galvanic isolation of USB, own power supply, seperated for digital and analogue section and a elaborate analogue output section - while the Henry DAC lacks all these features but sounds much better for a fraction of the cost!

cheers
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 13:32

Hi Manni,

Asynchronous protocol was create as a workaround to one very serious limitation of the USB connection.
It works but is not as good as other options...
But it was chosen by the industry because it's probably the best marketing option (VHS vs. Beta?).

In the case of the Raspberry-Pi, the way that the USB card is implemented is a performance limiting factor and should be avoided.

I won't comment on the Henry DAC but your preference could be down to better implementation/circuit design or your taste...

Best,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 17:39

Hi Manni,

Asynchronous protocol was create as a workaround to one very serious limitation of the USB connection.
But it was chosen by the industry because it's probably the best marketing option (VHS vs. Beta?).

In the case of the Raspberry-Pi, the way that the USB card is implemented is a performance limiting factor and should be avoided.

I won't comment on the Henry DAC but your preference could be down to better implementation/circuit design or your taste...

Best,
Ricardo
Hi Ricardo,

is Ethernet really better on the Pi? At least "on the model B and B+ the Ethernet port is provided by a built-in USB Ethernet adapter using the SMSC LAN9514 chip".
-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

There is no information provided if this is different in Model 3.

Cheers
Manfred

ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 18:29

mannitheear escreveu:
Hi Manni,

Best,
Ricardo
Hi Ricardo,

is Ethernet really better on the Pi? At least "on the model B and B+ the Ethernet port is provided by a built-in USB Ethernet adapter using the SMSC LAN9514 chip".
-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

There is no information provided if this is different in Model 3.

Cheers
Manfred

Hi Manfred,

When I chose to build this setup I was told by Jussi that the Cubox would be a better performer if I wanted to use a USB DAC.
Ethernet is filtered at both ends and I'm guessing that the adapter you've mentioned will meet the requirements of the standard.
But at Computer Audiophile you will find many that find USB performance less than optimal, even with top designs.

R
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 18:33

Yes but because the Pi has Ethernet over USB I think a USB HD for file storage is sufficient instead of Ethernet NAS.
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 19:24

One should not use USB for HDD and DAC connection simultaneously.

In my case I'm using Ethernet for streaming into the R-Pi and I2S from R-Pi to DAC.

One of the advantages is that the HDD is in another room and hence silent.
Another advantage is that it is isolated from the "Server" computer (that reads/processes the files) by Wi-Fi.
The "Server" computer then feeds a data stream through isolated Ethernet to a "Renderer" computer which in turn feeds the DAC through I2S:

https://volumio.org/raspberry-pi-i2s-dac-sounds-so-good/

If you have a HifiBerry DAC you can easily try out my setup; all you have to do is download the demo version of HQ Player Server and install HQ Player NAA in your R-Pi.

R
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 20:20

One should not use USB for HDD and DAC connection simultaneously

Yes I know that and indeed the sound was indeed suboptimal with my old computer but with the Macbook Air it's good.

I use Raspberry Pi with self-powered USB HD and a Hifiberry Digi+ with galvanic isolated S/PDIF out for connection to battery powered DAC. Sounds indeed a bit better than DAC connected via iDSD nano (as USB S/PDIF converter) to Mac with audirvana player. But the difference between both setups is less audible than the difference between Audirvana and JRiver player.

Software on the Raspberry Pi is Volumio.

I tried the Henry with Raspberry Pi in USB1 mode which worked surprisingly well, but connected to the Mac and using USB2 it's better.

One convenience thing I like on Raspberry Pi setup is the possibility to use a computer, tablet or smartphone) as remote control.

Best
Manfred

ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 21:14

The thing is that all these shortcomings/improvements are cumulative.

Power
- replace SMPSs (switched-mode power supply) with L-PSUs (linear power supply) that are in the same circuit as the system
- filter power/ground/connection noise with galvanic isolation, Wi-Fi, add-ons (i.e. Intona, Regen)

Computer
- reduce processes to strictly necessary
- avoid USB if possible
- don't use USB for HDD and DAC connection simultaneously

Using the Raspberry Pi as a Network Audio Adapter provides both isolation between computer (noise source) and DAC and because it's not doing any process-intensive activity it produces very little noise.

If you have a second SD card then you can easily install HQ Player NAA and give it a go.
I used HifiBerry's installer for a basic Jessie Lite + drivers setup and then installed the NAA.

R
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySex Jun 24 2016, 22:12

USB's popularity is a marketing decision.

R
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 15:15

If you have a HifiBerry DAC you can easily try out my setup; all you have to do is download the demo version of HQ Player Server and install HQ Player NAA in your R-Pi.

Hi Ricardo,

the HifiBerry installer is great. Jessie Lite is running.

...But where do I find HQ Player Server for Mac? And where the HQ Player NAA for Raspberry Pi?

Best
Manfred
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 15:48

Hi Manni,

For HQ Player go to Signalyst website.
When I get home I'll send you the link and instructions for the NAA.

Best,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 15:54

Hi Ricardo,

thx! The player is installed on the Mac.

Best
Manfred
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 19:11

Hi Manfred,

If you have the R-Pi 3 go to command line and type:

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

When this is done type:

dpkg -i networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

Reboot when finished then type:

sudo systemctl start networkaudiod

Next type the following to check that networkaudiod is running:

systemctl status networkaudiod.service

Is the R-Pi connected to the network?
If so start HQ Player Desktop and open PREFERENCES then change BACKEND to NetworkAudioAdapter and the DEVICE should show up automatically:

Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 Ip337r

I'm off to watch the match now but will be available for troubleshooting tomorrow. Wink

Enjoy!
R

P.S.: I2S is not compatible with DSD so use PCM.

Última edição por ricardo onga-ku em Sáb Jun 25 2016, 23:15, editado 1 vez(es)
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 19:19

Thx a lot, I will try tomorrow. Is the path different for my Pi model 2?

I'll keep my crossed for Portugal!

Best Manfred
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySáb Jun 25 2016, 22:14

mannitheear escreveu:

It's best for you. If not, all you Portuguese equipment will have a malfunction tomorrow. Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 265963

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 07:48

António José da Silva escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:

It's best for you. If not, all you Portuguese equipment will have a malfunction tomorrow.  Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 265963

For this time the story went fairly well, but....
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 08:03

mannitheear escreveu:
Thx a lot, I will try tomorrow. Is the path different for my Pi model 2?

Best Manfred

Good morning Manni,

I have checked and the R-Pi 2 works with armhf https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi

You're good to go.

R
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 15:38

Hi Ricardo,

could not install the package because ofdependency problems:

Unpacking networkaudiod (3.4.0-32) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of networkaudiod:
networkaudiod depends on libstdc++6 (>= 5.2); however:
Version of libstdc++6:armhf on system is 4.9.2-10.

dpkg: error processing package networkaudiod (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
networkaudiod

I'm no Linux / Rasberry Pi specialist...

Best
Manfred

ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 15:50

mannitheear escreveu:

Hi Ricardo,

could not install the package because ofdependency problems:

Unpacking networkaudiod (3.4.0-32) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of networkaudiod:
networkaudiod depends on libstdc++6 (>= 5.2); however:
Version of libstdc++6:armhf on system is 4.9.2-10.

dpkg: error processing package networkaudiod (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
networkaudiod

I'm no Linux / Rasberry Pi specialist...

Best
Manfred

I'm a Linux ignorant myself but I remember that I had to update libstdc...
Let's see if I remember how.

I'll be back soon.

R
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 15:53

I'm on the phone right now, can you try this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/726539/sudo-apt-get-install-libstdc
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 20:55

I'm on the phone right now, can you try this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/726539/sudo-apt-get-install-libstdc

Hi Ricardo,

I wasn't successful today and will start from scratch another day.

Best
Manfred
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 21:10

Hi Manni,

The command line can be very frustrating...
Send me your email by PM and I will share my backup image with you via WeTransfer.
It's not the latest version but it works.
The worst that can happen is that you might have to install drivers for your Digi+ (don't know if they're different from the DAC Pro's).

R
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyDom Jun 26 2016, 21:12

From the HifiBerry website:

To do this, you must edit /boot/config.txt and add the following line:

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 15:57

Boa tarde a Todos,

Tentei acompanhar este tópico mas é muita areia para um vinilico, não é que não admita a evolução do digital e do jeito que dá quando queremos ouvir musica ininterruptamente enquanto fazemos um trabalho de mãos sujas por exemplo, mas aproveito a vossa experiência para perguntar se posso usar a minha pen DAC M2 tech com o smartphone One Plus X (saida 3.52) e que cabo usar ?

Bom Tópico Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 16:23

BAILOTE escreveu:
posso usar a minha pen DAC M2 tech com o smartphone One Plus X (saida 3.52) e que cabo usar ?

Acho que não mas o melhor é contactar o fabricante. Neutral
BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 17:30

Eu penso que tem que haver lugar a conversão de usb normal para jack 3.5 Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 447836 , nesse caso haverá conversores no mercado ? Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 843159
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 18:00

Qual é o objectivo de usar o telemóvel?

O conversor USB foi concebido para receber dados digitais de um computador por USB e fornecer o sinal digital a um amplificador ou par de headphones.
BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 18:23

É que lá em casa os portáteis estão sempre ocupados com trabalho e assim seria só ligar o smartphone e já está.

E no trabalho tambem dava jeito para não sobrecarregar o computador velhinho e cansado, embora aí tenho um dac Asus xonar 1 tambem velhinho como o computador . Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692
jpinto
Membro AAP
jpinto

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptySeg Jun 27 2016, 18:30

Talvez um cabo usb OTG funcione, como estes cabos são baratos penso que vale a pena tentar.

Vê este forum:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 10:51

comprei um cabo com os 2 terminais usb mas não resultou penso que terá de ser convertido internamente no proprio cabo, vou tentar comprar este otg ... Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692 Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 14:58

Espreita este link:

http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=838

There are three basic requirements to connect a USB DAC to any Android or iDevice:

- Power: The DAC must not consume more power than the phone or tablet permits.

- Support: The phone or tablet must be able to stream digital audio over USB.

- Cables: You must use an appropriate cable for your device.
BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 18:00

ok já entendi e vai de encontro ao que desconfiava.

Obrigadão pela ajuda Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 18:53

Hi Manfred,

If you have the R-Pi 3 go to command line and type:

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

When this is done type:

Reboot when finished then type:

sudo systemctl start networkaudiod

Next type the following to check that networkaudiod is running:

systemctl status networkaudiod.service

Is the R-Pi connected to the network?
If so start HQ Player Desktop and open PREFERENCES then change BACKEND to NetworkAudioAdapter and the DEVICE should show up automatically:

I'm off to watch the match now but will be available for troubleshooting tomorrow. Wink

Enjoy!
R

P.S.: I2S is not compatible with DSD so use PCM.

Hi Ricardo,

it works now (functionally...)!!!!

Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 5ed2r4

Thx a lot for support!

Best
Manfred
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 19:35

That's great! (and I can stop uploading now Smile )

Try using these PCM upsampling and filter settings:

The best thing about HQ Player is it's processing abilities!

Best,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 19:44

Hi Ricardo,

Yes you can stop the upload!

1st impression is very good, soundwise. But gui is very spartanic.

Now I use the settings you provided but my DAC is limited to 96 kHz sampling rate.

Best
Manfred
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyTer Jun 28 2016, 20:44

In that case you should upsample to 88.2kHz and change the noise shaping/dither settings to NS4.

You can then experiment with the filter settings: poly-sinc for better spatial reconstitution, poly-sinc-mp for better transients.

R
elso
Membro AAP
elso

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 29 2016, 11:03

elso escreveu:
lpg escreveu:
elso escreveu:
... mas parece-me que este não tem energia suficiente para alimentar um disco externo com alimentação por usb.
Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 22692

Tem energia sim, procura nas configurações por MaxUSB Current (ou algo parecido) e activa a opção! O Moode tem essa opção...

(Tb podes editar o ficheiro /boot/config.txt e adicionar a seguinte linha: max_usb_current=1)

Vou tentar

Obrigadissimo

Já está o disco externo a funcionar sem problemas, alterei a configuração no Moode, obrigado.

Agora uma coisa que reparo é que o volume de som enviado para o amplificador através do HifiBerry Dac Pro é bastante baixo comparado com todas as outras fontes disponíveis. Mesmo com o volume do Moode a 100.

Alguma dica que me esteja a escapar?
lpg
Membro AAP
lpg

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 29 2016, 20:21

elso escreveu:

Agora uma coisa que reparo é que o volume de som enviado para o amplificador através do HifiBerry Dac Pro é bastante baixo comparado com todas as outras fontes disponíveis. Mesmo com o volume do Moode a 100.

Alguma dica que me esteja a escapar?

Deveria ser idêntico, tenta o seguinte no moode:

a) Menu, Configure, System
b) select appropriate I2S audio device (o teu hifiberry) then press SET; ALSA volume 100% SET
c) reboot
d) Menu, Configure, MPD
e) Volume control set to "hardware" o hifiberry controla o volume a partir da app ou "disabled" o volume sai a 100% 0db e controlas o volume no amp, é o que uso
f) verify Audio output is set to "I2S audio device" then press APPLY
g) Menu, Customize, volume WARNING limit 100%, Update

Espero que resolva!
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQua Jun 29 2016, 21:28

Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 1t8s2r

Está quase a fazer dois anos que o computador tomou o lugar do leitor de CD como fonte no meu sistema, uma substituição forçada pela minha mudança transoceânica que me obrigou a deixar os discos em Lisboa, um processo de transição começou algum tempo antes, com penosa tarefa de extrair a música dos meus CDs (que incluiu o tagging manual de todos os álbuns de música clássica).
Hoje, depois de ter lido centenas de linhas sobre o assunto e experimentado os principais leitores de ficheiros, de ter queimado muitos neurónios e ganho mais alguns cabelos brancos, sinto que o desempenho da minha fonte Computer-Fi atingiu finalmente um nível de desempenho que não me deixa saudoso do velho leitor de CD da Pioneer.

Mas ao contrário daquilo que se poderia esperar, o uso de um computador como fonte está longe de ser uma tarefa simples e linear:

Computer-Fi ≠ plug&play

Num outro tópico tenho vindo a escrever sobre as minhas experiências com software (nomeadamente no uso do sistema operativo Mac OS como fonte e de diversos players ou leitores de ficheiros disponíveis nesse ambiente) e aqui pretendo abordar, dentro dos limites das minhas capacidades, algumas questões relacionadas com hardware.

R

Hi all,

now, after trying a similar digital setup I can only give sincerely thanks to Ricardo! Because he shares his finding and stayed patient, insisting in the superiority and for the great support of course!

The sound improved in a unexpected extent, as if using a l DAC one notch above. I noticed mprovements in all aspects: more details and dynamic, better bass and soundstaging, all in a very natural and enjoyable way with more life and less digital harshness.
Very impressive!

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQui Jun 30 2016, 08:48

The current, "experimental" setup:

Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 Ncfd4j
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 EmptyQui Jun 30 2016, 13:31

mannitheear escreveu:
Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 1t8s2r

Está quase a fazer dois anos que o computador tomou o lugar do leitor de CD como fonte no meu sistema, uma substituição forçada pela minha mudança transoceânica que me obrigou a deixar os discos em Lisboa, um processo de transição começou algum tempo antes, com penosa tarefa de extrair a música dos meus CDs (que incluiu o tagging manual de todos os álbuns de música clássica).
Hoje, depois de ter lido centenas de linhas sobre o assunto e experimentado os principais leitores de ficheiros, de ter queimado muitos neurónios e ganho mais alguns cabelos brancos, sinto que o desempenho da minha fonte Computer-Fi atingiu finalmente um nível de desempenho que não me deixa saudoso do velho leitor de CD da Pioneer.

Mas ao contrário daquilo que se poderia esperar, o uso de um computador como fonte está longe de ser uma tarefa simples e linear:

Computer-Fi ≠ plug&play

Num outro tópico tenho vindo a escrever sobre as minhas experiências com software (nomeadamente no uso do sistema operativo Mac OS como fonte e de diversos players ou leitores de ficheiros disponíveis nesse ambiente) e aqui pretendo abordar, dentro dos limites das minhas capacidades, algumas questões relacionadas com hardware.

R

Hi all,

now, after trying a similar digital setup I can only give sincerely thanks to Ricardo! Because he shares his finding and stayed patient, insisting in the superiority and for the great support of course!

The sound improved in a unexpected extent, as if using a l DAC one notch above. I noticed mprovements in all aspects: more details and dynamic, better bass and soundstaging, all in a very natural and enjoyable way with more life and less digital harshness.
Very impressive!

Cheers
Manfred

Hi Manfred,

That's great news!
I was also surprised by the impact in performance.

Best,
Ricardo
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Computer-Fi... reflexões   Computer-Fi... reflexões - Página 2 Empty

Computer-Fi... reflexões
Ir para o topo 
Página 2 de 4Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4  Seguinte